Spelling Lists and Test
This morning we introduced our first spelling list, and we want to share some basic information on how it all works with the lists and tests.
- Each week our spelling lists focus on a specific rule.
- Spelling lists are introduced on the first day of the school week. Not all words will be tested.
- Test is on the last day of the school week and is 20 words.
- Ten words will be premarked on the list.
- The other ten will be from the list or assignments following the same rule.
- Instruction on the spelling rule will occur daily in class.
- We encourage 5-10 minutes of study per night, or as needed.
- Spelling is part of the Writing grade on report cards.
If you have any specific questions, please feel to contact us.